A new HSWF (H-section Steel Window-typed Frame) external connection method was proposed for seismic strengthening of existing medium-and low-rise reinforced concrete buildings in this study. The external connection technique was developed considering the structural integral behavior between existing frame and strengthening member. The HSWF method, proposed in this study, is capable of carrying out the seismic rehabilitation construction while residents can live inside structures. The method is one of the strength design approach by retrofit which can easily increase the ultimate lateral load capacity of concrete buildings controlled by shear. Two full-size two-story reinforced concrete frames based on the existing school building without seismic details in Korea were designed and fabricated for the structural test. The pseudo-dynamic test was carried out in order to verify the seismic strengthening effects of the proposed method in terms of the maximum load carrying capacity and ductility. Test results revealed that the proposed HSWF strengthening method installed in reinforced concrete frame enhanced conspicuously the strength and displacement capacities, and the method can resist markedly under the large scaled earthquake intensity level.
본 연구에서는 기존 강도증진형 내진보강법의 단점을 보완 · 개선할 수 있는 새로운 개념의 내진보강법인 HSWF (H-section Steel Window-typed Frame) 외부접합형 내진보강공법을 제안하였다. HSWF 내진보강법은 거주자가 거주가 가능하면서 내진보강 공사를 실시할 수가 있으며, 접합부 시공성이 탁월하며, 특히 필요 내진보강량 산정이 간편한 전형적인 강도증진형으로 전단파괴가 지배적인 비내진상세를 가지는 국내 철근콘크리트 건물에는 내력확보가 용이한 내진보강공법이다. 본 연구에서 제안한 HSWF 외부접합형 공법의 유용성을 검증 할 목적으로 기존 비내진상세를 가지는 철근콘크리트 학교건물을 바탕으로 한 실물 2층 골조 실험체를 대상으로 유사동적실험을 실시하여 검증함과 동시에 내진보강효과를 검토하였다. 그 결과, 국내 내진설계용 지진수준인 200 gal 지진규모에서 무보강 골조는 붕괴를 하였지만, HSWF 외부접합형 내진보강법으로 보강한 골조는 경미한 지진피해가 예상되었으며, 국내에서 발생 가능한 최대 지진규모(300 gal)를 상정한 경우에도 소규모 이하의 지진피해가 예상되어 본 연구에서 개발한 HSWF 내진보강법의 유효성이 검증되었다고 사료된다.
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2018) Site Inspection and Damage Investigation of Buildings by Earthquakes in Gyoungju and Pohang, 1-347.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (2000) FEMA 356: Prestandard and Commentary for Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings, Washington, DC., 500.
- Japan Building Disaster Prevention Association (2017) Guideline for Seismic Strengthening of Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings, Tokyo, Japan, 500.
- Korea Meteorological Administration (2018) http://www.kma.go.kr.
- Lee, K. S. (2010) Seismic Capacity Requirementd for Low-Rise R/C Buildings Controlled by Both Shear and Flexure. Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology 8(1), 75-91.
- Lee, K. S. and Jung J. S. (2018) A Seismic Capacity of R/C Building Damaged by the 2016 Gyeongju Earthquake Based on the Non-linear Dynamic Analysis. Journal of the Korea Institute of Structural Maintenance and Inspection 22(1), 137-146. (In Korean)
- Lee, K. S., Choi, H., and Yi, W. H. (2002), Earthquake Damage Ratio Estimation and Seismic Capacity Evaluation of Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings in Korea. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea 18(1), 11-20. (In Korean)
- Lee, K. S., Wi, J. D., Kim, Y. I., and Lee, H. H. (2009) Seismic Safety Evaluation of Korean R/C School Buildings Built in the 1980s. Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection 13(5), 1-11. (In Korean)
- Maeda, M., Nakano, Y., and Lee, K. S. (2004) Post-Earthquake Damage Evaluation for R/C Buildings Based on Residual Seismic Capacity, Proceedings of 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 1179, Vancouver, Canada.
- Ministry of Eduaction (MOE) and Korea Institute of Educational Environment (KIEE) (2011) Guideline for Seismic Evaluation and Rehabilitation of Existing School Buildings in Korea, 108.
- MTS (1999) Pseudodynamic Testing For 793 Controllers, MTS Systems Corporation, MN, USA.
- Seismic Strengthening Research Group (2008) Seismic Strengthening of RC Buildings, Ohmsha Press, Tokyo, Japan, 230 pp.
- Takanashi, K., Udagawa, K. and Tanaka, H. (1980) Pseudo-dynamic tests on a 2-storey steel frame by a computer-load test apparatus hybrid system, proceedings of the Seventh World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, 7, 225-232.
- Umemura, H. (1973) Earthquake Resistant Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings, Accounting for the Dynamic Effects of Earthquakes, Giho-do Publishing Co., Japan. (in Japanese)
- Publisher :Korea Concrete Institute
- Publisher(Ko) :한국콘크리트학회
- Journal Title :Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute
- Journal Title(Ko) :콘크리트학회 논문집
- Volume : 31
- No :1
- Pages :89-97